After decoding a GRF graphics file with GRF Wizard and the GRFCodec, you’ll have an NFO (plain text) file, and one or more PCX or PNG image files. By editing the NFO file, you can alter the size and position from indivial game sprites (graphics). This is an almost impossible process to do by hand, while NFO Editor makes this a quick and effortless task.
- Easily alter individual sprites position, size and in-game position with preview
- Multiple backgrounds with landscapes and solid colors available
- Optional grid window with all NFO sprites and their values
- Ability to start GRF Wizard directly from the File menu
Download NFO Editor
|File size||683 KB|
|File type||Self installer EXE (x86)|
|Prerequisites||VB6 runtimes, GRFCodec 0.9.10, GRF Wizard|
The program will only load NFO sprites decoded with the original GRF Codec (0.9.10) created by Josef Drexler (+GRF Wizard), and refuses to load sprites created with the GRF Codec developed by the OpenTTD team.
This program has a discussion topic here in the tt-forums.net. Feel free to post any feedback and suggestions there.
In NFO Editor 1.2.0
- Resolved problem loading NFO’s with inverted slash on PCX path
- Sprites cannot be X or Y-positioned on values lower than 0px. This fixes crash when moving outside sprites outside PCX position.
- Position buttons are now graphical, this ensures they are properly displayed regardless of system’s Regional Settings
- Program no longer crashes when opening sprites from an NFO with no PCX on the specified path, an error is shown instead.
- More integration with the grid window, current sprite will be autoselected on grid
- PCX to BMP conversion will never be performed twice for same file when switching PCX conversion mode after loading NFO
- Added ability to load a custom background from external BMP, GIF or JPG
- Fixed integration with the GRF Wizard to save and encode GRF (by removing last slash from sprites path)
- The program now remembers more settings (axis and frame settings, recent paths)
- Updated web shortcuts on the Help menu