This article is for anyone trying to add support for the mouse wheel in Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 under Windows 8.1 x64 or Windows 10, which does not include mouse wheel support by default.
- Download the VB6MouseWheel.exe self-extracting file and extract its contents to any folder and ignore instructions on that site because they don’t apply to x64 OS
- Copy VB6IDEMouseWheelAddin.dll to the Windows\SysWOW64 folder
- Discard all the other extracted files
- Open a command prompt as administrator in Windows\SysWOW64
- Type regsvr32.exe VB6IDEMouseWheelAddin.dll and press Enter
- You should see a message that the registration was successful:
- Start Visual Basic 6.0, go to Add-Ins > Add-In Manager
- Select MouseWheel Fix, check Loaded/Unloaded and Load on Startup checkboxes:
- Click OK. Now you can use the mouse wheel to scroll normally in VB 6.0.