DivXLand Media Subtitler is an award-winning, freeware and multi-language program for creating, editing and correcting external subtitle files fast and easily.
This software is the preferred choice for users that need to get started right away creating subtitle files from scratch and those who seek more advanced features such as auto-timing, error fixing and spell checking.
The main feature of DMS remains its exceptionally ease of use for the user that lacks any subtitle edition knowledge whatsoever. Besides, below is a complete list of features that made this software an award-winning program in the vast majority of sites where it was published.
- Create subtitles from plain text files or clipboard contents easily
- Instant-preview of the subtitled video without saving
- Save partially edited files to resume subtitling process later
- Automatic caption timing set and correction
- Multiple subtitling modes available
- Support for basic text formatting
- Support for importing/exporting more than 30 subtitle formats
- Keyboard shortcuts for easily controlling the subtitling process
- Multi-language spell check feature
- Ability to embed subtitle files into AVI videos
- Ability to extract audio streams from AVI and MPG videos into MP2, MP3 and WAV formats
- Quick Start Guide in several languages included as PDF and online
- Support for all East Asian and Right-to-Left languages
The program is available in many languages by user-submitted translations, including Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Persian, Portugese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish and Thai.
Transparent preview captions are opaque in Windows 7, thanks to the new video overlay method that cannot be switched back to normal. On Windows XP the preview captions are always transparent, if hardware overlay is supported.
Please visit the official DivXLand Subtitler webpage below to download it.